Saturday 27 April 2019

Storm Hannah

Sophie and I had a hair appointment this morning at 10.15am and we made our way there in rain and wind as Storm Hannah has hit our shores. I really wasn't expecting another storm this year but I seriously doubt we'll get to Storm Jane!

The man who cut my hair talked non-stop from the minute I sat in the chair to the time I got up, and I do sometimes wonder why people love to hear the sound of their own voice. As I could hardly hear him over the sound of the hair-dryer it was definitely a one-sided conversation!

We battled our way home through the tempest and I managed to persuade Sophie to stay indoors for the rest of the day. I did want to see Red Joan that was showing at the Northampton Filmhouse, but it was fully booked. I amused myself instead by "driving" the route from our Airbnb to the Golden Gate Bridge - how useful are Google Maps?!

We had leftovers from last night for lunch (Mike made an appearance!) and when Keith had gone to see the last Sileby match of the season, I made a cocktail for Sophie and I and we watched a new show from America called 60 Days In about jails. It was very scary!

The weather continued to be terrible for the rest of the day and the wind was really strong. It was also cold - what a difference to last week when we were sitting out in the garden and it was lovely and warm!

Dinner tonight was Beef Stroganoff and Keith made a delicious meal - Sophie enjoyed even though she had cut down drastically on meat lately. Roll on a lie in tomorrow!

No comments: