Sunday 25 September 2016

Out for afternoon tea

This morning we drove over to Mum's house so that Keith could open his Birthday card from my parents. He was delighted with his card and some cash...always the best option for Keith. He wants to use Mum and Dad's money and the money I gave him to buy himself a new pair of walking boots.

In the afternoon Mum, Sophie and I went over to Farndon Fields for a cup of tea. Sophie was salivating the whole way over about the chicken and bacon sandwich she was going to have and I just hoped it would still be on the menu!

It was a lot busier than we were used to but we still managed to get a table. Mum chose a toasted teacake with butter and jam while I went for an indulgent scone. Sophie couldn't wait to get her mitts on her sandwich which fulfilled all her expectations. I wanted to keep my appetite for tonight's roast leg of lamb which I was really looking forward to!

After we'd eaten we had a good look around the farm shop and Sophie and I found a new love heart for the conservatory. We were supposed to be only getting candle holders from now on but we couldn't resist a beautiful wooden heart. I also bought a Scotch egg for us to enjoy on Monday and some other goodies. The food in the shop is really lovely and it would be wonderful to be able to get all of our fresh vegetables and fruit there...a bit of a trek though!

August and September hearts
We drove Mum home to find my Dad had arrived back from his weekend in Llandudno. I don't think it was the most successful time as there had been no hot water in his room and it was also very windy, which made flying the planes difficult. He still looked very tanned so I think the windy conditions in Wales had added to the tan he acquired in Greece!



No comments: