Friday 2 September 2016

A day off!

Today felt like a bit of a holiday as Sophie had the day off work and we had planned on going to Ikea in Milton Keynes to buy some stuff for the en-suite.

Keith and Sophie were up early and went for a walk over the fields where they saw a baby deer and its mother. If I'd been with them they would have seen nothing! We left at 10am and headed over to the Weston Favell Centre as I needed to go to the bank and we both had to pop into Boots. While I was in there buying a new pot of moisturiser I decided to redeem my points so it cost me nothing!

We also treated ourselves to a mid-morning coffee break in Costa and again, I had enough points on my card so our two Flat Whites, Sophie's crumpets and my blueberry muffin were free! Yippee! After filling up with diesel (not free) we drove over to Milton Keynes and decided to shop before we hit the cafe. The store was busy with families shopping but it was still enjoyable as the place is so huge! We spotted some funny hats and Sophie tried one on...


I'm not sure what the idea of it was as it resembled a snail's shell, but if it's what you fancy...!

We also bought some new glasses, a carrier bag holder (we seem to have hundreds of the things stuffed everywhere and this was a neat solution), a new shelving unit for our DVDs, a mirror, a waste bin and a new laundry bin for the en-suite. I was very pleased with our purchases and I'm determined to paint the walls this weekend so Keith can put the mirror up early next week. I've been putting it off for too long!

After we'd packed everything away in the car we had some lunch (meatballs) and then treated ourselves to dessert from the fast food area. Sophie had an ice-cream cone while I had frozen yoghurt and very good it was too!

On the way home I decided (like the lunatic that I am) to call into Tesco to buy the ingredients for a Florida Skies cocktail as eleven months today (God willing!) we will be flying to Florida! We bought a bottle of white Rum, some limes, pineapple juice and ice and then headed off to Hobbycraft as I wanted to look at candle making stuff. I should have read the ominous signs as I couldn't find my way into the car park and ended up in a very dodgy area of Northampton where I stopped to move our Ikea purchases about as they were jangling in a very irritating manner in the boot!

Hobbycraft made sure that the small selection of waxes and other candle-making paraphernalia were well hidden and after searching high and low for the stuff we decided to give up and go home where I could order it all online. Keith eyed the stuff from Ikea with a suspicious eye as he is the one that has to set it all up!

No comments: