Sunday 18 September 2016

A hard slog!

This morning Sophie and Keith went off for a short walk while I had a lie-in. I had planned on going over to Mum and Dad's house to do their garden this morning as the weather for Monday was rainy and we really needed to get the grass cut before they come home on Tuesday.

We picked up Mike from Brixworth at 9am and then went straight to the house. It was a lovely, warm and sunny day and we worked hard for two hours. The grass in the back garden was really long and wet and as Keith was cutting it it looked terrible! However, he cut it again and we swept up all the grass that had gone all over the path. The front garden was much easier to do and Sophie and I weeded the border and made everything look neat and tidy.

After we'd finished we returned home and I gave my car a thorough wash, inside and out. It was filthy and looked more grey than black! Mike was meeting a friend at the cinema in town so Sophie and I drove him in and then treated ourselves to a McFlurry on the way home. We sat and ate our ice-creams in the car and marvelled at how busy the roads were! I can remember, years and years ago, when Sundays were the quietest day of the week! Not any more!

Back home I hoovered downstairs before Sophie and I sorted some jewellery to sell on Ebay. Sophie wanted to sell some necklaces she no no longer wore and she also had some clothes that she wants to get rid of as well.

Mike called to say he was getting the bus half way home so Keith and I trekked out again to get him. It was bliss to finally get home and relax with a glass of wine before a roast chicken dinner!



No comments: