Tuesday 27 September 2016

Not the most pleasant of days!

Today hasn't been the most pleasant of days with the weather to match - a horrible day of grey clouds which didn't lift until the evening. We still have had no cheque from B&Q and it's causing us a lot of annoyance that we can be lied to like that.

The surgery called this morning and said that Keith's blood showed a higher than average concentration of uric acid. He has always suffered from gout but it looks like, with only now having one kidney, that he might be at greater risk of it being worse than normal. He made an appointment to see the doctor this afternoon and then the phone rang again and this time it was about Sophie - her thyroid levels were lower than usual. What a worry!

Rather than mooch about and be a bit worried about all this I set to and made a batch of muffins and then Sophie and I made four candles from the candle-making kit I'd ordered. It was quite a simple process and I was really pleased with how they turned out! I'd ordered Christmas Cranberry and the smells in the kitchen were gorgeous.




Keith and I went over to Guilsborough to the doctors and waited an age to be seen. He wasn't given any medication but he was told to keep an eye on his blood pressure, so that at least was good news.

After the doctors Keith and I wrote a four page account of all the problems we've been having with the installation of our en-suite bathroom. We then drafted a letter to the CEO of B&Q which I will send off tomorrow. Let's hope that produces more results!

The highlight of today was watching an episode of the Hairy Bikers in Morocco for their Chicken and Egg series. I absolutely love these two men and it was hilarious watching them muck about in a "Hamam"! It made my day!




No comments: