Tuesday 13 September 2016

An early start!

Today has been a very busy day and we had an early start as Sophie had a doctor's appointment at 7am! We arrived before the surgery even opened and it was a beautiful morning with the sun breaking through and a slight mist.

There was a lot more traffic on the way home as the rush hour had started and after going back out to take our daughter to work, Keith and I returned home where I finished my latest counselling assignment and completed my online Citizens Advice test. This time I scored 100% so I was much relieved!

Mike wanted to go out and buy a new bag for college so we headed off to Jones's but there was nothing there at all that was suitable for him. He did buy a new jotter though and I treated myself to a new garden implement that attaches to the weeding thing I bought the other week. I need a rake to deal with all the leaves in the gravel garden so it looked ideal to do the job.

As Mike still needed a bag I suggested Next so we drove there in 33c heat! We're having a late spell of hot weather at the moment which is due to last until Friday. Phew! Mike picked out a backpack in Next and also decided to treat himself to some new jeans, some new jogging bottoms and a white pair of trainers. He tried everything on and as we were waiting to pay the sales assistant said there were jobs going at the branch...it would be great if he managed to get a job there!

We went to collect Sophie from work and then drove over to Guilsborough as the doctor had left her a prescription at the pharmacy before thankfully going home and relaxing! I felt a wee bit weary in the evening, probably due to the very early start we'd had!




No comments: