Friday 23 September 2016

Feeling shattered!

This morning, before 9am, Sue and I went to do some gardening at a lovely house in Broughton and then we went on to Brixworth for another two hours. I mainly did weeding and it was quite hard work with a lot of stooping and kneeling and pulling up weeds from between paving slabs. At Brixworth I had a little smoky grey cat to keep me company and a gorgeous Red Admiral butterfly wanted to stay close as well as it landed on my jeans and seemed to want to hitch a lift around the garden!

It's been a warm and sunny day so it was lovely to be out in the fresh air. I arrived home at just before 2pm and had time for a quick sandwich before going to pick Sophie up from work and Mike from college. At least I was able to go home and sit in my own garden in the sunshine after all that running about!

I did feel very tired, though...it's been a hectic week! Keith went off to the pub and I just didn't have the energy to cook roast chicken so we decided to kick-start Keith's birthday celebrations by having fish and chips for dinner. He was delighted (naturally - his favourite meal!) and it was great not to have to cook, especially since I'd offered to cook tomorrow night while he watches football!

No comments: