Wednesday 14 September 2016

Hectic!

I was at the Citizens Advice Bureau today and facing a day on my own manning Reception. It was also Mike's first day at College and I followed Keith and him in the car. The traffic this morning was terrible, much worse even than last week and I can only assume it was down to the colleges starting back as well.

I still arrived in good time which was a relief and managed to buy myself a chocolate twist in Caffe Nero to have with a coffee that I'd bought in a flask. There was no question of me being able to go and make myself one!

It turned out to be a very hectic day with more customers before lunchtime than we had all day last week! Added to that the computers were playing up and it made my session a little bit stressful! We coped, though, and Gill and Priya saw forty clients between them! It meant that we were late going and on the way back to the car park I had to call into the office with the information from today which made me even later to pick Mike up at 4pm.

It's been another hot day with temperatures hovering around the 30c mark all afternoon. I collected Mike from college and he said he'd had a good day and had made some new friends. We called to get some diesel on the way home and I treated us both to an ice-cream. It was utter bliss to get home and sit in the garden with Keith and Sophie after my busy day!

Whilst getting the bins in Keith and I had a chat with Michelle and we gossiped about the new neighbour. He is a fitness instructor/personal trainer and has started running a business from the house he rents from Sarah and Liam. This is something that is definitely not allowed! While we were talking, another resident of the estate walked up to the house for a session with him and Michelle said she wasn't happy about people constantly walking and driving up what is their private driveway. I don't blame her! We also chatted to Sharon who lives opposite and she was annoyed as well. Oops!

Keith had very kindly been out and bought some wine for Sophie and I and we enjoyed a glass before dinner in the evening. Perfect!

No comments: