Saturday 3 September 2016

A spot of painting

Sophie has now switched to working on a Saturday instead of Sunday so we took her into work, came home, had breakfast and I made a start on painting our en-suite. I really don't like decorating but it was way overdue to be done so I just got on with it.

The walls definitely needed two coats and I managed to get the first coat on before hoovering the house and sorting out the new shelving unit that we bought yesterday. The idea was to put some DVDs on there as well as a couple of our Lladro figurines and I did manage to get two of the smaller ones on there. I was pleased with how it looks and it fills up a corner of our living room nicely.

Keith had gone to watch a football match in the afternoon and had given Mike a lift to Brixworth so I was all on my own which was a bonus! Outside the weather was horrendous with constant rain and wind so it was nice to stay in the house for a change and not have to worry about being out in it! Unfortunately the annual "Groove on the Green" music and beer festival was taking place today in Walgrave so that was a bit of a disappointment for those who went.

After tidying up the house I went and had a lovely hot, deep bath and then relaxed in front of the TV until Keith arrived home, looking a bit dishevelled because of the weather and saying the game had been terrible! At least it wasn't his team, Sileby!


No comments: