Thursday 15 September 2016

Autumnal mists

We had a very foggy, misty start to the day but the forecast said it would clear by the afternoon, bringing us the last hot day this week.

Keith was off to his last ever research session at the hospital and had bought his little coterie of women a box of chocolates each to thank them. He was sad it was coming to an end as he'd been looked after very well over the last two and a half years he'd been going, with regular check-ups and a lot of attention!

I half-heartedly started the shopping list and the menu for the week and took Sophie to work for 10.30am. The fog was clearing and by the time I arrived home it was sunny and warm. Keith arrived home half an hour after me and had been to buy four bottles of our favourite Pinot Gris from Aldi. Sophie and I were worried that they were discontinuing this line so Keith had been to get some more!

While I was waiting I'd finished the shopping list and had come up with meals for every day. I just hoped they would meet with everyone's approval! We sped off to Kettering and on the way called to check Mum and Dad's house. The plants looked lovely but the grass definitely needs cutting and the front garden is in need of weeding!

Keith and I did the Aldi shop together and then he went off to get his hair cut while I shopped in Tesco. We both met in the car park which was great timing and I just had time to get home, pack everything away and have a quick lunch before it was time to collect Sophie from work.

She had booked a hair cut for both of us for 3.30pm, which on reflection was the very worst time as both schools in Moulton were emptying out and the village was crammed with cars and school children! However, I managed to find a car park I never knew existed tucked away  down a quiet lane so we left the car there and walked the short distance to the salon.

Sophie had her locks chopped first and then it was turn to have a trim and it was great to sit and relax for a while! Afterwards we drove home and sat in the garden to soak up the sun. It's been another hot day but thunderstorms are forecast for this evening and tomorrow with weather warnings for heavy rain.

Keith and I sat out for a while and enjoyed a beer each. I'd bought a "Schwarz" beer from Aldi but it wasn't a patch on the Kostritzer I drink while in Berlin!

No comments: