Wednesday 7 September 2016

Chats and nibbles

Keith had to take all responsibility for Mike this morning as well as get Sophie to work as I left to go to my Wednesday session at the Citizen's Advice Bureau at 8am. I had filled in all his paperwork last night and Keith had written out a cheque for £150 to cover trips and equipment he needs. Apparently in a couple of weeks they're off to the Sky studios!

It was another gorgeous morning and quite warm and muggy walking through town to get to the Guildhall. I stopped in Greggs to buy myself a coffee and drank it whilst waiting in the sunny courtyard. Frank was back today and we were very quiet right from the start. By 2pm it was obvious there was not going to be a rush so, with Frank's blessing, I left early to go and collect Sophie from work. As she had already told Maureen she had to work a bit later, she wasn't ready so I sat and had a cup of tea and chatted to Maureen.

From work we drove down to Riverside as Sophie wanted to go to Brantano to get herself a new pair of trainers. The shoes she's wearing at the moment for the walks are making her legs ache as they're not giving her enough support. It was great we chose today to go as there was a sale on and Sophie got 25% off her new trainers!

We headed home and I suggested to Keith that we go and visit Mum and Dad's house before popping to Tesco where I had to buy nibbles for the evening. Sue was coming around for a drink and a bite to eat and our plans for Toad-in-the Hole were put on hold.

After inspecting the garden and finding that the plants all looked fine we drove to Tesco where I bought some nibbles for the evening and two curries for the children. No doubt they will nick some of our food as well!

Sue came around at 7pm and we had a good chat and a laugh about the goings on on our estate at the moment. We have a couple of new neighbours who are very interesting so it was great to have a gossip! We are all so nosy!



No comments: