Friday 9 September 2016

A little easier!

I went to work with Sue this morning on another garden and what a difference! It was so much easier as the soil was lovely and there was no compost to cart about! Sue went to war with her hedge-trimmer while I tackled the beds and gave them a good weeding. It was a lovely sunny morning and it was great to be out and doing some work.

We finished just before midday so I was able to get some studying done in the afternoon. although I failed one CAB online test which was a bit disappointing! I think I did it a bit too quickly so hopefully the next time I attempt it I'll pass!

Sophie finished work later today and Mike went off to stay with a friend in Brixworth. Before we collected Sophie we popped to Mum and Dad's house where I was dismayed to see some of the hanging baskets looking a bit sorry for themselves! We gave them all a thorough watering and as rain is forecast for all day tomorrow I'm hoping they will recover before Mum and Dad return!

I felt really tired in the evening - it's been a hectic week and every day has been busy. Keith prepared a curry for dinner and after making sure it was bubbling away nicely, I had a nap for half an hour while Sophie watched an interesting programme on New York.

After picking up Keith from the pub and enjoying our curry, Sophie and I watched a programme about Vogue - I was fascinated by how nasty some of the people working on the magazine were...I'm glad it's not my world!

No comments: