Wednesday 8 June 2016

A short escape

After last night's storm this morning was really muggy but it soon brightened up to another beautiful day with temperatures of 25c.

Sophie had a nail appointment at 11am and I was fully prepared to sit and wait for her, even though she texted me to say that there was a wait in the salon. However, I managed to get hold of my parents who were en route to the Weston Favell Centre so I arranged to meet them for a coffee in BB's.

It was a much more pleasant experience than sitting in a warm car and we had a good chat for half an hour before I went back to collect Sophie. From there we drove to the nearby Abington Park as we'd decided to have lunch at the Abington Park cafe. As you can imagine, on a warm and sunny day, the cafe was busy and we chose to sit inside by an open window as most people were sitting outside.

We had a lovely lunch of sandwiches, crisps and salad and chatted about the menu for the coming week. Sophie managed to persuade me to cook Jerk Chicken Pasta one day! After lunch we drove home stopping at the garage so Sophie could buy herself a bottle of lager for the evening! She also treated me to an ice-cream so we've certainly indulged today!

Back home Keith was sitting in the garden soaking up the sun and he offered to go over to Tesco with us to buy us some of our favourite tipples as a thank you for looking after him since he got out of hospital. Of course, we agreed with alacrity and off we went. Here is the result!


We had a very pleasant evening playing cards (all four of us) and I cooked dinner of Coq au Vin. I'd prepared it all this morning so it was just a matter of popping the casserole into the oven and cooking the veggies. Voila!

No comments: