Sunday 19 June 2016

Celebrating Dads!

I woke up feeling a little groggy this morning and slightly under the weather. Not a good thing when I had so much to do! After we took Sophie to work I had some breakfast and then prepared the Coq au Vin I was making for tonight's dinner, when my parents were due around for a meal. I also prepared all the vegetables and made a Key Lime Pie.

By the early afternoon I felt better but I did have a lovely nap just as the Grand Prix started and when I woke up I felt a lot better. I hoovered downstairs and set the table and after having a soak in the bath I was able to relax for half an hour while watching Insane Pools!

Keith and I picked Sophie up at 6pm and I put the finishing touches to the dinner before Mum and Dad arrived at 7.30pm. My Dad had had a great day of doing very little and loved his present of wine. In the past I've bought him whisky but I get the feeling he now prefers a good bottle of red!

We had a lovely meal and a good chat over dinner. Outside it began to rain heavily and I did wonder whether we are in for a bad summer this year. Tomorrow is the Summer Solstice and the weather is supposed to be unsettled for the rest of the week. Not good!

No comments: