Friday 17 June 2016

Idiots on the road!

This morning I seem to have spent all my time driving about...and going nowhere!

I took Mike to school at 9am which was a bit of a shock to the system as he has got used to afternoon exams or not having to go in at all. After today he only has one exam left and then it's all over!

When I arrived back home I had just enough time to make myself a cup of coffee and some toast before it was time to take Keith to the doctor's and Sophie to work. I will be really glad when Keith is able to drive again! We left at 9.30am and headed off to Guilsborough via Brixworth. It was in the village that a man, coming around a bend, nearly hit me as he was on my side of the road. It was in the middle of the village and none of us could believe how bad his driving was! Instead of apologising to me, he just drove on and wouldn't look at us...he knew he was in the wrong!

I dropped Keith off at the surgery and then drove back to Northampton to take Sophie to work for 10.30am. The new company have imposed quite strict rules now and it meant that Sophie couldn't start work earlier than her allotted time. It would have been ideal in the old days to have dropped her at work after I'd taken Mike to school but it would have meant her sitting waiting for two hours...madness!

I left her at work and then decided to collect Mike from school on the way back to picking Keith up. However, I became embroiled in the mother of all jams in Moulton as a bus driver decided she couldn't fit through a gap between a van and a car and so made us all wait until the van moved. We were at a standstill for a good ten minutes and I was well and truly stuck! People were getting out of their vehicles and shouting at both the bus driver and the van driver but they wouldn't budge!

I got to the school at 10.20am but there was nowhere to park at all and there was building work going on in the grounds. I have a horror of getting in someone's way and them shouting at me so I made the (wrong) decision to go back to Guilsborough and pick Keith up as I was sure he would have finished seeing the doctor by the time I got there.

At the moment there seem to be roadworks everywhere and I had to negotiate four sets of temporary traffic lights on my way back to Guilsborough! When I got there I called Keith and he said he hadn't even been seen by the doctor yet! I knew I should have waited at the school!

Eventually Keith emerged from the surgery and we went to collect Mike who had been waiting almost an hour, poor thing! The doctor thinks Keith has a haematoma, a build-up of blood and other fluids that should disperse naturally. We were very relieved!

We went to get a newspaper and rewarded Mikey with a bar of chocolate which cheered him up so we were forgiven! My driving woes hadn't ended, though...on the way home we came across a Fiesta driven by someone who obviously didn't like to go fast. Once in the village, just before a crossroads, she came to a sudden halt and I nearly went into the back of her. There was no indication of where she was going, so in a fury I sounded my horn at her and managed to get past. It was a relief to get home, have a cup of tea and calm down!

No comments: