Wednesday 1 June 2016

Getting ready...

Today has been taken up with preparing for Keith to go into hospital tomorrow and it's been manic, to be honest!

Sophie and Hannah slept in until quite late and were just getting themselves a coffee when Keith and I left to go to Jones's. We needed some batteries and other bits and bobs and we also had to go over to the bank at the Weston Favell Centre. I have to say that the improvements they've made to the car park and the actual shopping mall itself have been lovely and it's looking much more modern and refreshed now. Sometimes I don't actually mind going there!

After Jones's we returned home so that Sophie could come shopping with us. We went to Tesco first as I was dying for a cup of coffee and Keith treated Sophie to a bacon roll. She was hungover hungry! The girls didn't have a lot to drink last night but I think it was the lack of sleep that was making my daughter a bit groggy this morning!

Once the shopping was all done it was home to unpack and Mike said he wanted to go and see a friend and could I take him into town? I agreed but it meant I was late getting back and had to squeeze in a quick sandwich before Sophie and I went to give blood at 4.30pm.

The session was running half an hour late due to an accident with the tea urn earlier in the day so we were held up until after 5pm. It was quite a relief to lie back and donate a pint and even nicer afterwards to sit and drink a cup of tea with a biscuit! We left in the rain and drove to East Hunsbury on the other side of Northampton to pick up Mike who had taken a bus to his friend's house from town. Getting back home in heavy traffic and pouring rain was not pleasant!

On the way we witnessed an accident that must have just happened...a car was on its side on the road but it looked like the woman driver was just shaken up and not hurt, thank goodness! Whether the slippery, wet roads were to blame I don't know but I took things a bit more easily after that!


No comments: