Tuesday 7 June 2016

Evening storm

Both Sophie and Mike were out all day today - Mikey had two exams and Sophie was covering for Maureen at work who had taken the day off. I dropped them both off and came home to struggle with my assignment as it was overdue!

It's been another beautiful day today with warm temperatures and plenty of sunshine. At lunchtime I had a break and made a batch of choc chip muffins as my parents were due around in the afternoon to see Keith and have a cup of tea with us. After they were baked I finished the hated assignment and then went to put a colour on my hair as I'm fed up with the grey strands coming through!

Keith and I went for a little walk to the end of the estate and while we were reading the notices on the board we saw my Mum and Dad arrive. They were pleased to see Keith up and about and we had a very pleasant chat over tea and gooey muffins.

I went to collect Sophie up from work at 6pm and the sky was very threatening. By the time we'd arrived home it had started raining and over dinner the thunder and lightening arrived. Keith ate dinner with us tonight and Sophie and I celebrated with a cocktail each...I treated my concoction of Vodka, Triple Sec and orange juice with the utmost respect and only had one!

After dinner the storm carried on and going out to put some bottles in our recycling box was a hazardous affair!


No comments: