Tuesday 10 November 2015

Jam packed!

Keith persuaded me to go for a walk with him this morning even though I didn't feel that enthusiastic! We dropped the kids off at school and uni and saw our ex-next door neighbour, Gill, who is a lecturer at the university. She was surprised to see us but waved at us madly, so that was nice!

On the way through Moulton we became embroiled in a traffic jam between two buses. The streets in Moulton are very narrow and they just can't accommodate the huge buses that transport children to school and students to the agricultural college. One bus wanted to turn right into our road but the bus in front of me was going left and they became jammed.


The driver of the bus in front of us got out of his vehicle to help but there was no way the other bus could make it around the corner without taking out someone's wall or becoming very stuck so it had to abandon the idea and carry on through the village. The situation is becoming a real nightmare in the morning with all the cars and buses on the road. And now there's another development being built on the edge of the village, which will only add more cars to the roads!

We carried on and turned off the road at the bridleway. It was very mild indeed and the sun was trying to come out from behind the clouds so I tied my fleece around my waist and just had a tee-shirt on. It's hard to believe it's almost the middle of November!



We had a lovely walk but I did feel tired for some reason this morning. We walked down the track to the nature reserve and along the shores of the reservoir and saw a new hide Anglian Water has built for bird-watchers.


The door was open so we went inside and had a look over the water. If you're into that sort of thing, it must be lovely to sit and look at all the birds about!

We saw plenty of birds ourselves today - pheasants and what I think were quail - all of them panicking as soon as we neared them and flying off with a loud squawking! We also saw a hare and squirrels and Keith did see a little Muntjac deer at the water's edge but of course, I missed it!

Rather than walk home today we doubled back and returned to the car. We then sped home as I needed to be at Mum's house by 11am as she was expecting a man from a removals company and wanted me to be there as my Dad was going flying. I quickly showered and dressed and went up only to find my Dad still there...grrrr! I was a bit annoyed!

I helped them pack up all the stuff we'd put out for the garage sale and then went home where Keith made me a delicious breakfast of eggs on toast washed down with a mug of tea! Delicious!

In the evening, Mum, Sophie and I went to the Derngate Theatre in Northampton to see Rebecca. I was really looking forward to the production as I love the film and couldn't wait to see it on the stage. We arrived in good time and had a drink before going into the theatre. We had terrific seats, just four rows back from the stage so we had a brilliant view.

When the play started I was a bit unsure as it was a very different take on the film! At first I thought it was going to be a musical as there were people singing on stage and playing instruments, all dressed like Cornish fishermen! However, the stage set was fantastic and a boat was lowered from a height which made the central piece of the set. Underneath was a model of a dead body (Rebecca).

Sophie hadn't seen the film or read the book so we quietly explained what was going on. I thoroughly enjoyed the production as there was lots of Cornish ditties and music and the cast seemed to be really enjoying themselves. The cast played lots of different characters and there was even a puppet dog who provided lots of laughs. In fact, at times the play was a real comedy but there was also frightening bits as well. It was excellent entertainment and I felt I could go and see it all over again!


No comments: