Saturday 21 November 2015

Season of goodwill?

I awoke at 8.30am today and felt fine, just very tired. Keith was already up and said that it had been snowing a bit at 4am this morning. It was still very cold and the wind was bitter but we had plenty of sunshine and the skies were blue so that was good. I do like it when it's cold and sunny!

We had to take Sophie into work at 9.30am and on the way home Keith called into the chemist to buy some cough medicine. His cold is still as bad as ever despite him keeping warm and drinking plenty of water.

We ventured out later in the morning as I needed to take a bra back to M&S. Looking back it would have been far better if I'd posted it back via the little post office in Walgrave as the store was busy with people doing their Christmas shopping and being very irritated. I waited for ages at the Click and Collect counter and listened as a woman lost her temper with the assistant. The people working on the desk seemed very fed-up and when one of the women went off to collect an order, a whole host of people behind me shouted out that they had orders to collect as well.

"I can only carry one thing at a time," she retorted which sounded ridiculous as she could at least have seen what was ordered and decided whether she could carry it or not! I was then asked if I was collecting anything but I was returning an item and discovered I was in the wrong place! All that waiting for nothing and I never did hear the end of the woman's complaint and how she demanded to speak to a manager!

From M&S Keith and I went to Lidl as they had very cleverly inserted a beautifully produced magazine in with the weekend newspapers and I saw a recipe for an  "After Dark" Mojito. As Sophie loves Mojitos and I wanted to thank her for all her hard work yesterday, we went into the supermarket and I bought limes, mint, soda water and dark rum to make her one when she got home from work. The Lidl magazine was full of tempting goodies for Christmas and was very professional, I thought. I also bought a box of mince pies and a bottle of Gluhwein so their marketing department certainly know how to sell their produce!

Back home it was time to do very little (except write this as I was seriously late) and keep warm!

No comments: