Saturday 7 November 2015

Plans thwarted!

Today has been mostly spent driving about which I am getting a little fed up with lately. I dread to think how many miles Keith and I drive every week!

I dropped Sophie off at work, and Mike in Moulton before heading home to a late breakfast with Keith. He was planning on going to see his local football team play in the afternoon but the game was postponed due to a water-logged pitch (the weather has been atrocious today). He called Ian and they agreed to go to another game which also turned out to be cancelled because of the heavy rain. Finally, they found another match on nearby but it started at 2pm so Keith sped off while I settled down to watch a recorded programme on TV and have a lovely bubbly bath. The bliss of being home alone for a little while! As a bonus the sun came out this afternoon and there was blue sky for the rest of the day. Lovely!

As Keith's football match started earlier than we'd anticipated, it meant that he couldn't pick Mike up on his way home as planned so he returned home and we both went out again after barely half an hour. We collected Mike, drove home and he went for a run before he had a quick bite to eat. He was going to a bonfire party in the evening so we said we'd pick Sophie up, take him to his party and order a takeaway from the van as a treat.

Sophie had to stay at work a little longer which suited us fine. She was waiting outside for us when we arrived and said she'd had a really busy day. Another girl, Laura, was waiting with her and was all set to walk home on her own when I offered her a lift, poor thing! We dropped her off, took Mike to his party, went and ordered the Chinese, dropped Sophie off at home and went to the pub for an hour. Ahhhh! Relax!

It was great to sit and have a drink and Keith and I chatted to one of the regulars at the bar before managing to grab a seat in the window. We could hear fireworks going off in the distance and I'm sure people were glad that the weather had stayed dry. In fact, as we went to collect our dinner I saw the sky covered in stars. I'm hoping that tomorrow will be dry for my Mum and Dad's garage sale!

After dinner we settled down to watch "American Sniper" and Mike called us just after 10.30pm to ask us to pick him up. Thank goodness my taxi duties were now over for the day!

No comments: