Friday 6 November 2015

Packing up!

Today has been a dreadful day, weatherwise, with winds and almost constant rain. It's still very mild though, with temperatures climbing to an astonishing 17c in the afternoon!

Sophie stayed at home today as she had a migraine, poor thing. I packed her off to bed and took Mike to school in the pouring rain. Not pleasant at all! Ian came around this morning to collect Keith as the two of them were going up to Mum's house to take down two intricate light fittings that they were taking to the new house. I followed them up in my car with all the step-ladders and other stuff they needed.

This morning I helped Mum empty one of her cabinets which was full of glass. She decided which glasses she was going to sell and which were going to go into storage while they rent for a few months. We wrapped all her crystal in bubble wrap and stored them safely in boxes. I took several home with me as we are always short of tumblers and tall glasses, so that was a bonus!

We worked all morning, had lunch with Mum and Dad and then went home to see how Sophie was. She was feeling a bit better but we drove over to the Co-op in Brixworth to get some stronger pills and some lunch. On the way we saw a little silver car balanced on top of a hedge...how it had got there, we'll never know, but it had "Police Aware" stickers all over it so it had obviously happened some time ago!

As soon as Mike came home from school Keith and I took him to have his hair cut and after a short shop in Tesco, Keith treated me to a decaffeinated Flat White in Costa. We sat and watched all the shoppers walk past and it was interesting to see what people had in their trolleys. I'm so nosy!

Mike appeared with very short back and sides and we drove home through torrential rain and mist. I'm so glad we weren't going to a firework display tonight!

Part 3 of our account of a short break in France in 1999 is posted!

No comments: