Sunday 15 November 2015

It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas...

After taking Sophie to work this morning I made my Christmas cake. On the way home I called into the garage to buy the Sunday papers and met Mum and Dad who were returning from a table-top sale in Northampton where they'd taken their bits and pieces to sell. Luckily they had more luck this week and managed to make some money!

I put my filthy car through the car wash and went home to cook! I'd already greased and lined my cake tin and taken the butter out of the fridge to soften a bit so as soon as I got home I prepared all the ingredients and it was done. I even made a mini Christmas cake for Keith to enjoy as the main one will need to be kept for the New Year and "fed" with brandy or Port until then.

After all the cooking I treated myself to a steaming glass of Gluhwein. Perfect!

In the afternoon I made a start on transferring my camcorder tapes onto the computer, using the software I'd bought a few months ago. As I hadn't any blank DVDs at home I just uploaded them straight to YouTube and then showed Keith what I'd done by accessing the site on my phone. I find it totally amazing that an old camcorder cassette from 19 years ago (Sophie was just a 9 week old baby) can now be found anywhere I can access YouTube!

No comments: