Monday 9 November 2015

Busy Monday

It's been another busy start to the week - I do wonder how I ever found the time to work!

On the way to taking the kids to school and uni I dropped Keith off at the bridleway and incurred his wrath as I drove straight into a deep pothole. I was not popular! When I eventually arrived home it was bliss to sit with a cup of coffee and watch the ending of the last Downton Abbey episode! It was a moment of relaxation though, because as soon as Keith got home from his walk, we both had showers and drove over to Kettering to do some shopping.

On the way we called to see how Mum and Dad's house is getting on...



We were really pleased to see that the scaffolding had come down and most of the windows were in. At least it looks like it's weather tight now, which is good considering we have the worst of the winter to come.

We did some shopping at Aldi and some more in Tesco and then went home to have a quick lunch before heading over to Mum's house to help them with some paperwork for the house they're going to rent. It's brand new and in Moulton which is ironic as they originally looked at the development as a place to live!

We helped them with the forms then went home to do some chores. Keith prepared dinner and made an apple pie while I gave the downstairs of the house a good clean and set the table as it's Mum's birthday today and my parents are coming around for dinner this evening.

I'd barely finished before it was time to collect Sophie and go and buy some flowers for my mum, from my Dad...! He'd given me the money so we went to the florist's at the Weston Favell centre and I picked out a gorgeous bouquet for her.

Mike went to see his girlfriend (yes, it's now official) in Moulton so at 6pm Keith and I went to get him before finally getting home and preparing spaghetti bolognese for dinner (it's my Mum's favourite). My parents arrived at 7pm and Mum opened her presents and cards and was thrilled with her flowers.

We had a lovely evening and the food went down very well with everyone. My parents left at about 9.30pm so we just had time to sit and relax before bed. Phew!

No comments: