Monday 23 November 2015

Moving on...

I had probably one of the worst night's sleep last night and was awake from around 1am until 6am. Keith woke up as well, and started coughing, so he went downstairs and I tried vainly to get back to sleep. In the end I got up as he'd come back to bed and was coughing again!

I watched a bit of "Holiday Inn" and at 6am went back to bed as I felt cold and very tired. I was annoyed as I'd promised Mum and Dad I'd help them move some stuff into storage today, but after getting up at 7am I didn't feel quite as exhausted.

Keith and I went to their house to see a huge white transit van parked on their drive. Dad had already started putting his model aeroplanes and some shelving into it but I took some boxes home in my car as Mum and Dad are having a stall at the Christmas fair in the village at the weekend and wanted me to store their items until then.

We went back and put their lawnmower in the van and I followed Dad to our house so we could store it in our garage. The garage, so bare and tidy after the weekend, was beginning to look very cluttered again!

Dad drove very gingerly to the Lok 'n' Store at Riverside and I was impressed with how the facility worked. He backed the van up to the large entrance, signed in and then we loaded the stuff we had onto a trolley. We then used a goods lift to transport everything up to the second floor where their unit was situated, unlocked the door, put it all away and that was it!

Dad has rented a much smaller unit to store the stuff from his garage and his planes fitted nicely on the rack. They have also rented a large unit for a lot of their furniture and their huge super-king bed so that will be moved over tomorrow by their removal firm.

Keith and I went back to Mum's and loaded the car up a second time but before we drove back to the storage unit we had some lunch and chatted to Sophie who was off today because one of her lecturers was ill. She was doing lots of work in the conservatory so at least she was still studying!

We went off again after having a sandwich and then I filled my car up with diesel and we popped to the doctor's surgery to get a prescription for Keith that will, hopefully, clear up his troublesome cough!






No comments: