Wednesday 4 November 2015

Little treats!

Late in the afternoon Sophie and I went into Northampton as I needed to buy my Mum a birthday present. The idea was to go to BHS and maybe Homesense and then drive to Riverside as we'd been invited to Costa Coffee's festive launch at 6pm.

The traffic into town was very busy and we crawled most of the way to the retail park. Surprisingly the shops were quiet and we had a good mooch about BHS looking at all the Christmas decorations and resisting temptation!

I bought my Mum a voucher as she loves the store and she can go in and spend the money on whatever she wants (maybe even something for her new house). We had a brief look in Brantano and I tried a pair of ankle boots on but I wasn't impressed with the leather on them as there were quite a few scuff marks. I tend to wear boots until they fall apart so they need to stand up to some rough treatment!

We decided to head for Riverside as there's another Brantano there and by now I could see the traffic building up. Well, I'm glad we left when we did as it took us almost an hour to drive the short distance across town in the heavy traffic. It was horrendous!

We parked outside Costa and hurriedly sped off to Brantano's but the choice was awful in there for ladies who have slightly bigger feet than the norm! After we finished looking it was time for our Costa treats so we went in and ordered two hot chocolates.

Now, I expected a really festive array of new products and lots of things happening but all there was were some plates of cut up cakes on a table...and that was it! I picked out some cake but I was very aware of Keith cooking dinner at home and I didn't want to spoil my appetite especially as we were having liver and bacon!

Sophie returned to the table after a long wait with two large hot chocolates covered in cream (the barista had got the order wrong, apparently!) and went off to get herself some more cake! I told her that we had more than enough and as it happened I ended up taking three bits for Mike who was seeing a friend in Moulton.

The new cakes were nice but there was no information telling us what they were and the staff seemed very rushed and certainly not in a festive mood! We waddled out after drinking about a gallon each of hot chocolate and went to pick up Mike. He gobbled the cake down and was very appreciative!


No comments: