Sunday 1 November 2015

Autumn beauty

It's been an absolutely gorgeous day today with record temperatures in Mid-Wales, apparently! 22c!

It was a real shame that Sophie had to go to work as we could have gone somewhere for the day, but we took her in at 11am and she texted me an hour later to say that it was very quiet indeed. I could easily believe her as we saw lots of people out walking and children on bikes, all making the most of the wonderful weather.

I washed Jazzy Jim (inside and out) and after having a shower, Keith and I walked up to the pub for a quick drink. It would definitely have been possible to have sat in the garden today as it was lovely and mild.

We enjoyed a drink or two and then walked home for lunch. I decided to pop to the carwash to take mine through and took Mike with me. With the promise of an ice-cream my son was only too happy to accompany me!

As the day wore on the sky became a mix of blues and pinks and when I went to collect Sophie at 5.30pm the sky was a bright orange from where the sun had set an hour earlier. In the news it said that November is set to be mild and sunny and I only hope that it's accurate! Maybe we can delay the snow until December!

No comments: