Friday 27 November 2015

Out with the old...

I had hoped that today would be quiet but I was wrong! Keith still felt horrible with his cold so he stayed in bed while I took the kids off to school and uni. I spent the morning catching up with things I needed to do and by lunchtime Keith felt a lot better for having some extra sleep.

We'd ordered a new TV for Mike yesterday and that was due to be delivered at midday so we couldn't go out anywhere. I was told a delivery slot of 11.51-12.51 and it arrived bang on 11.51! Brilliant! Keith set it all up and then we had fun trying to connect his PS3 and PS4 to it...I couldn't stand Mike's messy room so I fetched the hoover and vacuumed his room and all of the upstairs while Keith fiddled about with it. We were successful (phew!) so that was a relief. I know that if Mikey had arrived home and it wasn't working the sparks would fly!

When it was all connected Keith and I went to the tip (recycling centre) with our old fridge freezer and the two old televisions that had been in Mikey's room. We just about managed to get the fridge freezer in my poor car but as we were driving through Scaldwell, the boot flew open and a piece of polystyrene fell out onto the road...ooops!

We stopped the car and Keith managed to secure the boot shut so we carried on our way to the tip hoping that the polystyrene would still be intact on the way back home when we'd pick it up. When we took the appliances out of my car the back seats and boot area were covered in dust and dirt. As well as the outside being covered in thick mud, my car looked in a very sorry state!

Luckily, the polystyrene was lying on the grass verge in Scaldwell so we picked it up and sped off home. I dread to think what would have happened if it had been run over and all the little white bits had gone everywhere!

Back home I carried on hoovering and Mum and Dad popped around for a cup of tea as we had a box in our garage that should have gone to the rented house. When they left I carried on cleaning and then it was time to go and pick Sophie up from uni. Keith decided to leave going to the pub this evening as the cough medicine he's on is not compatible with alcohol!

No comments: