Tuesday 20 October 2015

Washing machine malfunction!

I dropped Keith off at Pitsford this morning and while he went off for a walk I went home to clean the house, something I should have done at the weekend!

Of course it was a beautiful morning and it stayed that way all day. How lovely it was to see sunshine and blue skies! I arrived home, made a cup of coffee and then after eating a couple of brioches I made a start. I decided to give the study a really good clean and pulled out all the furniture, which was a bit shocking! I tend to neglect this room a bit so it was time it had some attention!

I took the curtains down as I'd planned on putting up the new ones I'd bought ages ago in BHS and which Sophie hated. However, when Keith came home and put them up they didn't go with the very plain white walls so I'm just going to have to use them for the living room as planned.

I added the curtains to the pile of washing I still had to do and rearranged the furniture so that now the big leather chair is sitting where our cabinet used to be. It makes the room seem larger somehow and it also stops Mike from dumping his school books and bag there and making the corner look really messy!

Just before Keith and I sat down for lunch the washing machine started making some strange noises so we went to investigate and even though Keith turned the power off it still kept on churning which was very odd! The towels which were washing were dripping wet so Keith took out the filter and cleaned it out but although it was able to do a spin cycle, when we tried it on a wash cycle it stopped again.

We had no choice but to call out an engineer and hopefully he will be with us on Thursday morning. The curtains will have to stay down until it's fixed so now the room looks very bare!


No comments: