Friday 16 October 2015

Swinging into the 60s!

Although the weather has been dry today, the thick layer of cloud never really shifted but it didn't stop us from going out for a walk this morning after we got back from dropping the kids off.

Mum and Dad wanted me to print out some emails so we decided to walk up to their house and deliver them by hand. We'd planned on retracing our steps and going down the farm track to the nature reserve, but after a quick coffee with my parents we decided to turn left out of their house and follow the road to the single track road that leads to Walgrave.

The sun did come out briefly while we were walking but it disappeared again before we ended our walk. We had a great time and after the main road it became a lot quieter as we strolled along Newlands.

I reckon it was a good four mile walk and after we arrived home I made some lunch before going and having a bath. Just as I was relaxing in the lovely hot water, the phone rang and it was Sophie asking to be picked up as she felt a bit unwell.

I raced off to get her and we spent the rest of the afternoon doing very little. In the evening it was the first of our Come Dine With Me dinners and my friend Lynda was hosting a 60s night. Sophie did an expert job of making me up and doing my hair and I was very pleased with the results! I went as a hippy with a flowery top, flared jeans and sandals!


Keith very kindly drove me to Lynda's house where Andrea and Fiona were already sipping sparkling wine. Lynda was a hippy as well, while Fiona and Andrea were in almost identical 60s outfits of short chequered dresses and knee high boots. They all looked wonderful!

We enjoyed prawn cocktail as a starter served with a sweetish German wine, followed by the classic Fondue!



Lynda had prepared bread, mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes and radishes to dip into the gooey cheese mixture and we all enjoyed the experience, despite a couple of us losing our food in the cheese depths!

For a main course Lynda had prepared Chicken Fricassee with rice and veggies and she ended the lovely meal with a kind of fruit trifle served with cream. In between the main course and dessert we played a couple of games - a Mensa one that wasn't too popular as our brain power had been considerably reduced by the amount of wine consumed and the deadly Cards Against Humanity that had us helpless with laughter!

It was a great evening and my carriage picked me up at midnight. It's my turn next, in Novermber, so I really need to start thinking about food and entertainment!

No comments: