Tuesday 27 October 2015

Rub a dub dub!

I have spent all morning driving backwards and forwards to Mum's house to take our washing as I couldn't stand seeing it piling up any more!

First thing we took Sophie to Uni and then I dropped Keith off for a walk at Pitsford. There was no way I could have gone with him as the jeans I wore on Sunday needed washing! I drove home and took three washes to my Mum's who kindly said she would unload it when it was finished and then I would put it in our tumble drier.

My Dad had an appointment at midday at a hospital near Kettering as he was having a minor problem with his eyesight so I offered to take them both and then pop to Tesco with Keith as we needed some veggies for dinner. I was glad I took them as the car park was crammed with cars and it would have been a real effort to find somewhere to park. Cars and the lack of parking seem to be real problems at the moment!

Keith and I dropped them off and sped back down the A14 to Tesco where I bought some more coffee, some wine (important purchases!) and a pumpkin for Halloween. Normally we get lots of children coming around trick or treating and I hope this year will be busy, especially as we've had some new families with younger children move in over the last few months.

Just as we finished Mum called us to say they were finished so we drove back to collect them and then took another load of clean washing home to tumble dry. It smelt all lovely and fresh...thank goodness!

In all I did four loads in Mum's machine and the engineer called us to say he would probably be able to fix our washer on Friday. I do hope so!


No comments: