Sunday 18 October 2015

Cooking, cooking!

It felt very strange having Sophie at home on a Sunday but it meant that we were able to plan an afternoon outing with my mum, something we haven't done for ages.

First thing this morning I made a big breakfast for us all, to celebrate not having to take Sophie to work, and when that was all cleared away, I started making my fruit cake for Christmas. Afterwards, I realised that I hadn't soaked the fruit in brandy like I normally do so we decided to have the cake as a tester.

By the time I'd cleared the kitchen, helped Keith prepare the veggies for dinner and taken Mike to Brixworth it was almost 1pm and I'd told Mum we'd pick her up at half past! Where does the time go! I jumped into the shower and decided to dress a bit smarter today as I'm fed up with wearing my jeans and a favourite top. I seem to dress in nothing else these days!

We picked up Mum in Jim for a change and went over to Weedon. The weather today has been overcast and dull but at least it's not cold. We certainly haven't had a frost yet but I have a feeling it's going to be a cold winter this year. Only time will tell!

First up was a cup of tea and a slice of cake and we had a good chat. We then had a lovely mooch about the shops as Sophie and I were on the lookout for a new heart to hang in the conservatory. We eventually found a lovely wire one decorated with little glass beads which will look beautiful when it catches the light.We now have ten, one for each month. We saw several we liked for Christmas but at the moment I can't even start thinking about that! Let's get Halloween and Bonfire Night over first!

I also bought a game for when the girls come to me in November for our Come Dine With Me evening but managed to resist anything else even though there was lots I could have spent my money on!

We dropped Mum off and then Sophie drove home and around the estate a couple of times. On the way home we'd seen Keith driving my car so obviously Mike had called him to be picked up. It was a bit annoying as I'd just driven through Brixworth and could have collected him myself!


No comments: