Wednesday 14 October 2015

A little splurge...

This afternoon Sophie and I went to Ikea with my Mum and Dad. We hadn't been since we sold the business so all the things we normally buy - cups, plates, bowls, etc - were certainly not on our list today!

We had something to eat first. Sophie couldn't wait to have the meatballs and I joined her even though I was going out for a meal with Sue in the evening! We enjoyed them with mashed potatoes and a lovely cream sauce, followed by Ikea's chocolatey cake. Mum and Dad just had a snack so they went off before we were finished and we arranged to meet near the checkouts.



I hadn't intended to buy much but I was very tempted by a small table for my computer as I'm now heartily fed up with it sitting on our dining room table. It was only £10 so hardly likely to break the bank! I also bought a smelly candle, loo brushes (!), a new bathroom mat, some new cutlery and a shower tidy as the one we have at the moment looks disgusting. The whole lot only came to just over £40 so I was very pleased! Sophie bought two beautiful glasses, a mug and some lovely little battery-powered fairy lights for her bedroom.

I also saw a beautiful kitchen that was very French and had masses of storage space. I took a photo just in case...



We had a really enjoyable afternoon and got home just after Keith picked Mike up from school. Our son, who had been allowed to go in mufti today because of his great behaviour last week at the Open Evening, was in an after school detention for forgetting his homework! I bought him some Pork and Elk sausage and a bar of chocolate from Ikea so he was very happy!

Keith put the table together and we set it up in the conservatory and I was very pleased with it. I now have a little workstation in the corner and I can look out and watch the birds hanging onto the feeders.



In the evening Sue picked me up at 7pm and we went to a restaurant we'd been to before, only it had been taken over by new owners. It used to be the Good Friends Bistro in Grafton Underwood, but has re-opened under a new name, Sage and Brooke.

The food was delicious and we both enjoyed warm goat's cheese as a starter, followed by King Prawn spaghetti for me, and Supreme of Chicken for Sue. Unfortunately, before we could try the desserts Sue fell ill so we had to go home very quickly. She developed a migraine so I had to drive her car...it was good I hadn't had a lot to drink!

No comments: