Thursday 8 October 2015

In, out, in, out!

Sophie had an appointment at the Orthodontist this morning and managed to get away without a telling off as she hasn't been wearing her retainers at night, as she should be doing! Luckily the orthodontist pronounced her teeth to be fine so that was the last visit, thank goodness. Now we have just Mike to take every six weeks or so.

I dropped my daughter off at uni and then drove to my Mum's house as I'd promised to look at her computer for her and sort out the printer, which turned out to be working perfectly. We had a cup of coffee and a chat and then I sped home to sort out the week's menu with Keith and go to Tesco to do our weekly shop.

Our bill was way over the top this week, probably due to the bottle of vodka that Keith treated me to! We are going to have to cut down a bit as we are spending way too much even though we work to our list and generally don't buy lots of treats.

Back home we put it all away and had a cup of tea before it was time to pick Sophie up from University. Mike was still at school as he was helping out at their Open Evening and wouldn't be finished until much later. We picked up Sophie and went home to await Mike's call as I was hoping he'd be finished before 7pm.

However, it was not to be and at 7.45pm I left to go to the school even though he hadn't called us. Keith was keen to get the curry all ready for dinner so we went off and found a parking space which was a bonus as the school was heaving with prospective parents. I called Mike and he angrily told me he was doing a tour which I doubted as it was now after 8pm and the evening was supposed to have finished at 7.30pm. I shouted at him and said he had to be in the bus bay by 8.15pm as he'd never told me he would be this late!

I drove to the bay which was crammed full of cars and then everyone started to leave so there was a mass exodus of parents which just added to my already high stress levels! Mike appeared and after a short sharp argument we managed to enter the flow of cars and finally get home to our curry dinner!

Back home I told Keith that next time Mike was at a school event he could drive while I stayed at home and pulled out all my finger nails...it'd be more enjoyable!

No comments: