Friday 30 October 2015

Walking the doggies!

Today has been horrible with rain and grey skies. I suppose it's typical for this time of year though!

After a breakfast of baked beans on toast I took some more washing up to Mum's house and then decided to make some onion soup, as a practice for my CDWM evening. Mum and Dad popped in on their way back from looking at a house for rent in Hannington and said it was horrible and depressing. Very soon, they're going to be homeless as their house is well on its way to going through. They've looked at lots of houses but as soon as the lets come on the market they're snapped up!

As I was making the soup Sophie phoned to ask me to pick her up so I put everything on hold and Keith and I went to collect her. We came back, had some lunch and then I carried on with the recipe. The whole house smells of onions now which made Sophie's eyes water and she wasn't too happy as she has two friends coming around tonight for pizza and wine!

I finished the soup and left it on the hob - Keith and I will have it tonight for our supper rather than the pizza we bought yesterday. I'd asked Sophie to print off some leaflets for me as I wanted to drum up some more interest in the Facebook page I run for the residents of our estate. My friend Sue had already invited some of her friends to join and after Sophie had printed off my leaflets we walked around the estate to deliver them.

We called on Sue first as I had a cheeseboard to return and she asked me to walk her two cockerpoos, Bailey and Archie. I took both dogs while Sophie pushed the leaflets through the postboxes. We were followed around by the most miserable postman I've ever met who looked thoroughly miserable and wouldn't even look our way! Oh well!

With all the leaflets delivered I hoped we get a good response. When we first moved here there was a real community spirit that seems to have gone missing over the last few years so it would be nice to get to know more of our neighbours!

Sophie's friends arrived in the evening and they went to sit in the cosy conservatory. After picking up Keith I poured the hot soup into a casserole dish, placed some slices of French bread on top and sprinkled cheese over them, I then put it under a hot grill and voila! Dinner was ready!

No comments: