Wednesday 28 October 2015

Dedication

We awoke this morning to grey skies and rain but it did clear up by the afternoon and the sun came out. Hooray!

Sophie was working today so we dropped her off at 11am just as the Booker order arrived. I said hello to Pete the driver who looked a bit fed up as the car park was full of cars and there was no way he was going to get his big lorry up to the door to deliver. I, thankfully, left him to it and we drove into Northampton as Mike was on the lookout for a Halloween outfit to wear to a party he's been invited to on Saturday night.

Mike changed his mind about his outfit and we found a great (and groovy) hippy costume for him to wear. I also bought him a pair of sunglasses to go with it so he was very happy. On the way home we treated him to a McDonald's and when we arrived back he tried his outfit on and wore it for the rest of the day!

I picked Sophie up at 4pm as we were giving blood at Sophie's old school. Luckily my daughter was able to donate this evening and I think I gave my 33rd pint, not counting the pints I gave when I was in my late teens, before I went to Nepal.

Afterwards we were encouraged to dedicate our donation to someone and then post a photo on the NHS Blood Donation Facebook page. I dedicated my pint to my wonderful Grandad, Frederick French, who gave over 50 pints during his lifetime. Cheers!


Sophie dedicated her pint to Brian Quinn from Impractical Jokers...nuff said!

No comments: