Saturday 3 October 2015

Hanging around...

This morning Sophie had an appointment at the nail salon so I dropped her off and then made the mistake of going to the Weston Favell Centre as I needed diesel for my car. The place was packed and the garage was like something out of an apocalyptic war film where people think fuel is going to run out very shortly...

I did a circuit of the forecourt that was crammed with cars and decided to go elsewhere to get my diesel! After buying a newspaper I went back to park near the salon and wait for Sophie to be finished.

From there we went to an equally rammed Riverside for a quick cup of coffee before she went to meet her friend Daisy in town for lunch. By the time I eventually returned home I had had enough of driving!

The afternoon was spent very pleasantly watching Downton Abbey and Grand Designs as Keith had gone to watch a local football match and Mike was in town with friends. Sophie came home at around 4.30pm shortly followed by Keith who was on a high as his team had won 7-2!

I'm afraid England's rugby team couldn't be so successful as they crashed out to Australia in the evening which means for the first time ever, the host nation are out of the World Cup before getting into the next round. Oh dear!

No comments: