Sunday 11 October 2015

Decisions, decisions!

Unlike yesterday, today has been busy and after dropping Sophie off at work I went to the carwash to put my car through. I know it's a bit lazy but I wanted to hoover it out inside as well so I thought the carwash would get the worse of the dirt off and then I could concentrate on the inside.

However, the garage had something going on and half the forecourt was closed off, including the part where the carwash is, so I had no option but to go home and do it by hand! Mike wanted to be taken to Brixworth so while he was getting ready I hoovered it out and then gave it a good wash when I got back.

In the afternoon I went with Mum and Dad to the new housing development where I helped my parents pick out the units for their kitchen as well as the floor tiles. It took a fair while as their decision had to be right...it was no point rushing their choice and then being stuck with a kitchen they hate!

It's been a gorgeous day today and the sun was useful in getting the colours of the worktops and units right. After about an hour my parents were happy with their choices so we left and went to celebrate with a cup of tea at Beckworth Emporium. As it was almost closing time the place had emptied out and we were seated right away.

The garden centre now has an extensive Christmas display going on and no doubt the next time I go the ice-skating rink will be up and running!

No comments: