Saturday 28 February 2015

House hunting...

After the beautiful blue skies and sunshine of yesterday we awoke (a bit late) to grey miserable weather. Mum and Dad had asked Sophie and me to accompany them to look at some bungalows that were being built in a nearby village. My parents were interested in buying one and wanted our opinion.

At 11am we were drawing up at a building site in a grey and horrible drizzle. The bungalows were semi-detached and had been designed for the over 60s. A lady from the estate agents was already there showing another couple around a carpeted house so we had to remove our shoes (or wear very fetching blue covers over our shoes) to have a look around.

I'd forgotten how lovely brand new homes are. The kitchen and bathroom were beautiful and finished off with a lot of attention to detail but privately I thought the houses were too small. The bungalow we looked at first didn't have an en-suite but the bedroom was on the small side and I didn't think that Mum and Dad would get their Super-King bed in the room, let alone any wardrobes!

I did like the kitchen, which was bigger than the one we have, but when we went to look at another home, I definitely decided that the houses were over-priced. We had a very good look around and chatted to the agent about what Mum Dad needed to do with their house and then I suggested we meet up for coffee on Riverside.

By now, it was raining and really horrible but we managed to park near to Costa Coffee and I treated Sophie and my parents to drinks. I told them what I thought and said that they needed to sell their own house first, before looking at any other homes. I also said that the bungalows were far too small for them and that they were over-priced! I suspected they thought that when they first looked at them and just wanted their own opinion reinforced by what Sophie and I said.

We had a very pleasant chat and then said goodbye and went off to the gym where we did half an hour's exercise followed by a relaxation session in the spa. I sat in the steam room for a while to try and get rid of my cold and then we both showered and went to the cafe for lunch.

We couldn't remember the last time we'd eaten in the cafe and it was great to see Steffan, who works there, for a chat. It was lovely to have a leisurely lunch and sit and chat before heading for home. On the way we called into Kingsley Health and Beauty salon to book a facial and a massage for next week. I think we both deserve a little pampering!

Keith was off watching his football team play so I sat and watched the latest episode of 30 Degrees in February which I'm finding very enjoyable. After Keith arrived home, we collected Mikey from Brixworth and then popped to the pub for an hour. Keith was a little disappointed in the beer again and the Landlord took great delight in telling him that a stronger beer had just finished and that it was very popular. Keith had told him that weeks ago!

Outside the rain hammered down again and after two drinks we headed home and started dinner. While it cooked we all played a game in the kitchen where we had a sticker of a cartoon character on our head and we each had to guess who we were...at least it made us all laugh!

No comments: