Saturday 21 February 2015

A day off!

It was lovely to have a bit of a lie-in this morning and not have to rush. I had plenty of coffee, cuddles with Archie and a breakfast of crumpets and jam!

At midday Sophie and I dropped Mikey off in Brixworth and then drove over to Market Harborough to have lunch and do some shopping. I can't remember the last time we did this, but it was a fair while ago!

We had something to eat and drink in Caffe Nero and then hit the shops. I saw a lovely book in Waterstones called "52 Weekends By The Sea" which I was tempted to buy. I have a thing about British seaside resorts (good and bad!) and have always wanted to drive around the entire coastline in one go and then write about all the places by the sea. Maybe one day!

We had a good mooch about the shops and then we went to see Duncan. He had a tasting of three Greek wines but I was after a bottle of Malt whisky as a post half-term treat. My whisky supplies have been seriously depleted of late and I think it's high time I build it up again! Duncan let me sniff a few bottles (!) but I chose a Speyside Malt called Benromach which I'd tasted a few months ago. It'll be perfect for sipping whenever we get back from taxiing Sophie about!

From Duncan's we headed home where we had a short while to relax before picking Mike up from seeing his mates. Keith and I went off to the pub again in the evening and enjoyed a couple of drinks in the busy pub.

Dinner tonight was Macaroni cheese, at Sophie's request, and then we settled down to watch a very good programme on BBC2 about the music and culture of the American South. It was very enjoyable!

No comments: