Friday 6 February 2015

Frantic Friday!

I was hoping for an early finish today but we were manic at work all day and the jobs I'd intended to do by the early afternoon got shoved to the end of the day!

Mum and Dad were off to the airport this afternoon as they are flying out to see my Uncle tomorrow in Cyprus. They came in at the very busiest time of the day to check in online for their flight and were somewhat dismayed to see us rushing around like mad things. Sophie had to go and help in the kitchen with Polly while I manned Reception and I was backwards and forwards like a mad thing!

After they'd gone Sophie and I went to the bank and then to Jones's as we needed some stuff for work. We left at 3.15pm and the traffic was horrendous. We crawled all the way from the bank to the Wholesaler's and I had to call Polly to go and pick up some shirts from our neighbours, BACA, as they closed at 4.30pm and I knew we wouldn't have made it back in time to collect them. At the moment Northampton seems to be one huge gridlocked road and everywhere you go there are roadworks and hold-ups. Not one journey seems to be an easy one these days and it's driving me mad! I just hope that when all the works are finished it's been worth all the hassle and delays.

We got back to work at 5pm and left to go to the gym. After our frantic day of running about we both felt like going down to the spa to relax, so we did! We sat in the sauna to get warm and then wallowed in the jacuzzi until our skin wrinkled, something Sophie hates!

After the spa we had a hot shower and on the way to the car met Liam who I hadn't seen for ages. We chatted about how busy life is and his imminent house move, news that was a little shocking when Sarah told me about it back in December. I think this is going to be another year of change!


No comments: