Monday 9 February 2015

A cleaning we will go...

It was all hands on deck today and I had both Keith and Sophie in at work with me. While I sorted out the weekend takings Sophie manned the phone and booked several parties. Keith and Ian amused themselves by fitting new bolts to the slides and I went over to the bank and bought us all some lunch.

In the afternoon Keith and I swept up the cigarette butts in the car park and picked up litter. My crows are being a bit silly at the moment and when I put down food in the morning they sit and look at it while a flock of seagulls dive in and gobble it all up. There are far more gulls than crows and I find it very annoying that all the food is eaten by the huge flock. I've taken to just putting a few scraps down and then hiding some more under the trees which seems to be working. I saw our little robin dragging away a piece of chicken skin the other day so he'd managed to find it!

Before we went home (a bit tired) all three of us gave our large inflatable a good clean as the top was very dusty. We kept inflating it and then letting it down so we could reach the top and it looked a lot better when we'd finished!

I had a call from Mike's school to say that he was having pains on the left side of his chest so I had to go and pick him up. As is usual, when he appeared he looked absolutely fine and back at work he played a game of football with Keith in between raiding the chiller cabinet and eating sweets. Ill, he was not!

Sophie and I left after Keith and Mike and stopped to get some diesel before going on to Mum's house and making sure everything was OK. It's been a beautiful day today with lots of sunshine and much milder temperatures (10c at lunchtime) so that was a bonus. Perhaps Spring is on the way?

No comments: