Tuesday 24 February 2015

Tea for three...

After a day of getting some onerous tasks out of the way at work, I left Sophie behind to look after two evening parties and drove home as I had arranged to see Sue for a cup of tea and discuss a pitch I'd reserved in May for the village sale. I was hoping to get rid of some unwanted books, Play Station games and clothes I no longer needed!

I took over a Victoria sponge cake and two slices of Keith's Banana loaf cake for her and Paul to enjoy later. I was met at the door by her boisterous dogs, Bailey and Archie, and soon we were settled in Sue's dining room where each of the dogs in turn decided to come and be petted. How I would love a dog at home, but I'm not sure the cats would agree!

We'd barely sat down for five minutes before the doorbell rang and it was Sarah! She was surprised to see me and had called in to ask Sue if she could do some work in the garden of the new house. We all had a lovely chat about the house and as I hadn't seen Sarah for a while it was great to catch up.

At 6pm I left to go and pick Sophie up from work. The idea had been to take Mikey with me and drop him off at Army Cadets on the way home but although I'd given him two hours notice, he still wasn't ready when I was about to leave! Keith was not happy as it meant he would now have to take him!

I sped off to work and helped Sophie, Polly and Maureen clear up after the busy evening. We didn't get away until almost 7pm and by the time I gave Polly a lift and battled through the traffic, it was nearly 7.30pm by the time I arrived home.

As Keith was still out on his own taxi duties I started the dinner - an easy supper of spaghetti bolognese and garlic flatbread that we should have had last night and changed our mind!

No comments: