Tuesday 17 February 2015

Busy days!

Today dawned sunny but cold and it was great to see blue skies again. Our cook was still off sick today but Ricky and Sophie coped admirably in the kitchen and we had a very busy day at work, despite it being dry.

I didn't move from the building all day so wasn't able to enjoy the winter sunshine. After work Sophie and I went off to give blood and by 5pm we were all finished. On the way home I took my car to be washed as I'd never seen it so filthy and every time I opened the boot I became covered in grime!

As soon as I got home I had a lovely soak in the bath and then after dropping Mike off at Army Cadets, Keith, Sophie and I went to The Brampton Halt pub for a meal. The place was pleasantly busy and we were soon seated and perusing the menu. I couldn't resist the Quail Scotch Egg with black pudding for a starter! Keith had whitebait and Sophie opted for slices of garlic bread. For mains Keith had his favourite - fish and chips - while Sophie chose Hunter's chicken and I had Pork and Leek sausages. The food was delicious and very good value as mine and Sophie's main courses were just £13.25 for the two!

After we'd eaten we called into the Co-op at Brixworth and bought an ice-cream dessert to enjoy when Mikey arrived home. As he'd been doing PE he didn't want to eat before he went so he enjoyed a curry when he got back!

No comments: