Friday 20 February 2015

Thank heavens it's Friday!

It's been a long week and the noise and mess have, as usual, got to me in a major way! It was great to know it was Friday and the end of the busiest week of our year!

Sophie and I went into work and while we were sorting out the tills, I had a call from Mum to say that they couldn't get all the shopping from Booker into their Astra! I could hardly believe that we'd had to get so much stuff as we'd had a large delivery on Wednesday, but I left Sophie to open up and sped down to help. I found Mum and Dad in the car park with boxes of chips and trays of drinks and managed to fit them into the back of my car with ease.

The weather today has been better than forecast with sunny spells, so we weren't as busy as I feared. By 4pm we headed home as Sophie was going out with her friends tonight for cocktails and a meal in an Italian restaurant.

It was bliss to get home and relax and although I had to ferry Sophie around in the evening, it was lovely to know that tomorrow I haven't got to take her into work and maybe we could all have a lie-in for a change!

No comments: