Saturday 7 February 2015

The Big Clean...

Keith took Mikey to Brixworth this morning and then Sophie drove us into work in Jim. The weather was horrible and I really would have liked to have been facing something different to cleaning the bathroom and changing our bedding, but there you go. It means I've been able to do some jobs around the house that wouldn't have been completed otherwise!

Sophie did very well in the car and didn't stall it once! She was brimming with confidence when she got out so that was a relief. Keith and I returned home and he took the doors off the shower cubicle while I stripped our bed of everything including the valance. We turned the mattress over as I've been suffering from a bad back when I wake in the morning and I heard that you should regularly turn your mattress to keep it in good shape.

After bundling the bedding into the washing machine I scrubbed the tiles in the shower and Keith freshened up the grouting. Oh, we both know how to have fun! I also pushed the bed out from where it usually stands and hoovered at the back and underneath. I won't divulge how dusty and horrible it was but it certainly felt better to hoover and make it all much cleaner!

Keith finished in the shower and I tackled the bookshelf that we have on the landing that has about a million books on it. Now I have my Kindle I find it very difficult reading a normal book so I threw them all on the floor and dusted the shelves and behind which, again, was horrendous! The books covered the landing and I began to wish I'd never embarked on this mammoth job! I have to say that most of them are now in bags awaiting a table-top sale in May as I looked at selling them on the internet and they were virtually worthless...

When I'd finished I felt much better knowing it was all clean and dust-free. I had a bath and as soon as I came out Mikey called asking to be picked up. He was due to go to a sleepover in the evening and had just thirty minutes to get ready as we were dropping him off on the way to picking up Sophie.

Of course, my son had failed to get the address of the sleepover and told me it was at a friend's house that we'd been to before...last year some time! I vaguely knew where it was but we picked up Sophie first and then drove to the estate in the hope of recognising the road, which luckily we did. We dropped him off and I tried not to think about what they would all be getting up to during the night...!

Back home Sophie quickly changed and we drove up to the pub for a quick drink before dinner. The place was very quiet indeed and we were able to sit in the window and have a good chat. All of us are worried about Mike at the moment as he seems very moody and uncommunicative. Perhaps that's teenage boys for you!

No comments: