Monday 23 February 2015

An unexpected outing!

It was lovely to be at work today and have no customers! We really do need a day's breather, especially after a busy school holiday, to get jobs done that have been left!

Keith and Ian put up a new border in our Tots area as the previous one had been pulled off the wall and it looked horrible. We also had an engineer in to service our heaters so we should have no more problems with the building being cold. If the weather remains chilly we should have no complaints!

I went home to get Sophie at about 2pm and she put on her new gym gear. She looked lovely and I was ashamed to be seen with her, to be honest! Maybe it's time I invested in some new clothes as well!

We had a pleasant work-out (I chatted to Liam while cycling about how the move was going) and just before we finished to go down to the spa for a well-earned relaxation session, Keith called Sophie to say that Dave had cancelled on him again as he still wasn't well. This meant that he wanted me to go home and go out with him as a substitute drinking partner!

We returned to the changing rooms (although I was pleased at the prospect of going out for a drink, I did yearn to go down to the spa!) and sped home which was easier said than done as the traffic was horrendous and every way I tried to go was blocked with traffic!

We eventually arrived home at just before 6pm and I hurriedly changed and freshened up. We decided to head for The Hare in Loddington which turned out to be a good decision as the pub was almost empty and we managed to get a seat this time. Previous visits have been a bit disastrous as the beer was off and there was nowhere to sit so we were glad we gave it another chance!


No comments: