Saturday 24 January 2015

Watch the birdie!

Today has been very busy with a lot of driving about and not much relaxation!

First thing this morning we took Mikey to see his friends in Brixworth and then on the way to taking Sophie to work we called into the launderette to pick up all the cloths and tea towels for work as we'd forgotten to do it yesterday!

We dropped Sophie off at work and then went to Jones's as we needed some paper plates and napkins for Mikey's birthday gathering tomorrow and I bought some wireless speakers from Sophie as a gift. She told me that his speakers weren't working (news to me) so I'm hoping the new ones will fit the bill!

Back home I changed our bed linen and then, with my lunch, I spent an hour in the conservatory taking part in the RSPB's Birdwatch which is taking place all this weekend. As usual, all the birds that normally visit our garden stayed away, but I did see some Great Tits, a couple of sparrows and a lone blackbird. No robins, starlings, pigeons or magpies!

That done, it was off to the tip with our old boiler which had been irritating me every time I walked into the garage. We made two trips and everything except the foam padding was recycled, which was great.

I went to collect Sophie at 5pm and of course, Mikey wanted to be picked up at the same time! As he was out in the cold I went for him first and then Sophie who was pleased to be finished a bit earlier today. This meant that Keith and I could walk up to the pub for a drink before dinner and very pleasant it was, too! There was a Burns Night supper going on and people started appearing dressed in tartan! Maybe we'll have a wee dram before we go to bed!

No comments: