Thursday 29 January 2015

Snow showers!

This week has been very uneventful so not an awful lot to write about, I'm afraid!

This afternoon we were given a snow warning for this area and I went to tell Polly to close up early if we had no customers in by 4pm. She then told me we had an "impromptu" party coming in and they duly arrived at about 2.30pm. Just as I said this, it started to snow and we had showers, off and on, for the rest of the day.

Sophie and I left work at 3pm but most of the snow had disappeared so my idea of taking some photos on the way home had to be abandoned!

Getting home a bit early was lovely and Sophie and I sat and watched a programme called "Say Yes to the Dress" about brides choosing their wedding gowns. It's become a bit of an obsession with us at the moment! As darkness fell, Keith and I sat and played cards in the conservatory with a drink before making a hearty fish pie for dinner. Simple pleasures!

No comments: