Thursday 22 January 2015

A spot of shopping...

I woke up this morning feeling a bit horrible, with a headache and a yukky tiredness that I knew would last all day. I really didn't want to get up and go into work!

However, needs must and I went in and sorted out with my parents that I would take half a day's holiday as there really wasn't much going on and Sophie and I had planned on going to Milton Keynes to do some shopping anyway.

I went home at 1pm and wasted the next two hours by trying to comb some knots out of Archie's fur. Predictably he wasn't very happy and at one point dug his claws into my hand!

At 3pm Sophie and I set off for Milton Keynes in heavier than normal traffic and almost came a cropper when an idiot "forgot" to indicate on a roundabout that he was going all the way around. I just about managed to stop in time and luckily the car behind me did as well!

The rest of the journey was without mishap, thank goodness, and we arrived in Milton Keynes and parked easily in the multi-storey car park. First stop, of course, was the Costa Coffee in Waterstones and then we made for Debenhams where Sophie spent a small fortune on Mac and Urban Decay make-up! Luckily she had a gift voucher!

I bought some jeans, a camisole and tights in M&S and a lipstick in Boots and that was my lot while my daughter splashed out on some clothes in New Look and a DVD of The Office in HMV.

Once we'd finished we moved the car to another car park nearer Las Iguanas where we had dinner. The restaurant was quiet at first until a huge group came and sat behind us and then it steadily filled up all the while we were eating. And there was me thinking it was going to be quiet!

We had a more restrained meal than normal - a chicken burger for Sophie, a beef burger for me and dessert, no starters. Both of us enjoyed a Raspberry Cooler, a non-alcoholic cocktail that was included in the Happy Hour special!

When we came out to go back to the car the temperature had dropped and it was freezing! I thought we would see the gritters out on the M1 but mercifully we didn't and we made it home for 8.30pm, early enough to sit and watch the very last episode of Alaska: The Last Frontier with Keith where it really was freezing!

No comments: