Sunday 4 January 2015

Return of the gloom...

Last night, we went out to get a newspaper from a nearby village and we saw fog descending, almost out of nowhere. With the nearly full moon it was quite spooky, and when we woke this morning we discovered the mist had hung about all night.

We were all up later than we'd wanted to be and it was a bit of a scramble to get ready, take Sophie to work and then pop to Booker to get some urgently needed stuff for work. I had thought that the thick fog would clear as we could just about make out blue sky and faint sunshine, but on the way to Milton Keynes the grey gloom descended again and it never lifted all day.

We had a great time in MK with Mikey, which was a bit of a novelty as we rarely go shopping, just the three of us. It's extremely rare for Keith to spend any time at the shops but we had to take his jacket back and I wanted him to choose a replacement as I hadn't a clue what he liked!

First stop was M&S for coffee and a snack and then Mikey went off on his own to do some shopping. Keith and I trawled around the racks and we finally (after trying on about eight jackets) found a lovely Italian garment that had been reduced from £210 to £132 in the sale. I had to put a bit more money towards it, but the jacket looked lovely on Keith and fitted him really well. I hope he is now pleased!

As we were queuing up to pay Mikey came back and said he didn't want to shop on his own...ahhh! And there was me thinking he didn't want to be seen out with his mum and dad!

We all went to Next where Mikey tried on some jeans and a pair of trousers for school and then we called into Schuh where Keith bought him a pair of Converse trainers as the ones he had were literally dropping to bits and they had lasted him very well. I wouldn't dream of buying my son clothes and shoes any more as he is so exacting about what he likes and doesn't like. I can remember buying his clothes in M&S and he would wear whatever I bought him...not so now!

We sped back to the car as Sophie wanted to be picked up from work at 3pm as she is out tonight at a 6th form party, even though she left six months ago! We looked very busy indeed at work which was good news, and the weather hadn't improved at all so it was no wonder we had lots of customers!

Back at home I made a cup of tea and we had a slice of my Christmas cake. I am not looking forward to going out again twice tonight to take her to and from this party...the fog is looking really horrible!

No comments: